Landmark Resort blog< Back to View All Blogs
Free & Inexpensive Summer Activities For FamiliesBoth in the Landmark Resort and surrounding areas of Myrtle Beach there are family events and activities occurring weekly that allow you to accumulate quality time and lasting memories while on vacation with your family without having to spend much money.
- Enjoy a Poolside Cookout from 12 pm until 4 pm where you can enjoy burgers and hot dogs cooked outside on the grill and get chips and soda as well for under nine dollars. Every day you can expect to find the cookout happening outside on the pool deck as weather permits.
- Every weekday at Landmark there is a schedule chock full of kid friendly games. Starting in the morning and running until the afternoon there will be everything from a sandcastle competition to pool games to capture the flag and more. The kids will never get bored and most of these activities are free of charge to the guests of the Landmark Resort, however certain activities do have a small fee. See the front desk for details.
- On Tuesdays and Saturdays the fun abounds on the pool deck with a DJ Hurricane hosted pool party. From 12 pm until 3 pm all summer bring your dance moves to the pool for a groovy good time.
- One of the best events at Landmark is the Fire and Hula show brought to the guests by Chief Kamu. Beginning at 5:30 pm guests can gather for the Fire Show Cookout for $8.95 +tax per person. Then, at 9 pm the show begins. Chief Kamu and his fellow hula friends give a spectacular show on the pool deck and give hula lessons as well. Leave your schedule open on Saturday evenings to join Chief Kamu on the pool deck for a fantastic time.
Market Common Events: The Market Common is a small hamlet part of town that has beautiful scenery with ponds and a park. There is plenty of shopping and dining as well as family activities complimentary to its visitors.
- Horse Carriage Rides are free of charge for strollers of The Market Common. The rides run from 5 pm to 8 pm every Friday. The horse and carriages can be found at Dolce Lusso. Nothing spells special better than the click clacking sound of the horse hooves as they guide you around The Market Common area.
- Don't be haste to leave after your carriage ride because there is a Movie Under the Stars that begins every Friday at 9 pm. A child friendly movie plays on a large projection screen in the park. Come to Valor Park and enjoy with your family on a blanket an outdoor movie experience.
- The sweet sounds continue with Music in the Streets that take place all summer long. On Wednesday evenings The Market Common serenades with sweet, live music in the gazebo while children have the opportunity for a face painting at the park as well.
Myrtle Beach Boardwalk: The Boardwalk at the beach brings exuberance to every vacation with endless scenery of the Atlantic, rides, shops, restaurants and more. When it comes to entertainment, the Boardwalk area offers the highlights in Myrtle Beach.
- Sunday and Friday nights the Boardwalk presents Elvis Presley impersonators and other performers. Right next to the SkyWheel, starting at 8:00 pm, congregate and enjoy music and more from talented performers.
- Monday nights from 7 pm to 10 pm is the Kid's Carnival with rides, games and inflatables centered right next to the SkyWheel.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday nights the stage comes alive with music concerts from 8 pm to 11 pm. Rock, pop, jazz and country are just some of the genres that light up the night with singing, dancing and instruments playing through the evening.
- Fireworks are a signal of summer which is why every Wednesday night downtown, the sky is lit with a fireworks show at 10 pm.
Plenty of free and inexpensive fun exists and thrives in Myrtle Beach and this is your guide to exploring and experiencing what Landmark Resort has to offer as well as the surrounding the area. Enjoy your stay and remember that you don't always need much money to play!
*Select amenities are only available to Landmark main building guests.