Frequently Asked Questions
- I want an updated unit, how can I make sure mine is nice?
All of our units at the Landmark Resort are nice and well-kept. While our units are individually owned, owners must keep their units at a standard to stay on our rental program. Overall, our most recently updated units are our rooms and we are working on updating the suites as well.
- My unit looks different than the photos on the Landmark website, why?
Since our units are individually owned, décor, such as painting, bedspreads and curtains, may vary from unit to unit. However, they all must meet a certain standard to be rented through us, so you can be assured of the quality of your accommodations when you book.
- How wide are the doors in your handicap accessible units?
They are 34.5 inches wide.
- What services come with your accommodations?
If you rent directly through us, housekeeping, linens and towels are included with your stay.
- Do you have handicap accessible rooms?
We do have some handicap Angle King Executive Suites and these are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. These units have bars in the bathroom and lowered bathroom sinks. Please let us know when making your reservation that you need this room type.
- Do your handicap accessible units have roll-in showers?
Only three of our units have this feature, so please give us a call if you are in need of this for your stay.
- How many people can stay in one unit?There is a maximum occupancy of four for our Rooms and Efficiency units; maximum of ten in our Penthouses; and six in our Executive Suites.
- What is an Interior Guest Room?Our Interior Guest Rooms have balconies, but they are neither ocean view or ocean front. These are on the back side of our building and overlook the enclosed pool area. They are great for those traveling on a budget.
- Do any of your accommodations have more than one balcony?
- Do any of your units have an extra half bath?
- Do the rooms have hairdryers, irons, ironing boards and safes?
Yes, each unit has these amenities.
- Is there a dishwasher in the kitchen?
The only units that have dishwashers are the Penthouse units.
- Will there be a DVD player in my room?
All units have individual owners and will vary from unit to unit. You are welcome to bring one from home if you would like to.
- I will be renting a standard room at your resort. What comes in the wet bar?Our standard rooms come with: vegetable peeler, can opener, bottle opener, three mixing bowls, cutting board, ice buck and tray, four-cup coffee maker and four pieces of each of the following: dinner plates, soup/salad bowls, cups, saucers, juice/water glasses, knives, forks and spoons.
- Do you have HBO or Pay-Per-View?
No, we do not.
- I will be renting a suite at your resort. What comes in the kitchen?The suite kitchens include: toaster, can opener, hand mixer, eight-cup coffee maker, one small frying pan, one large frying pan, four pots, a cookie sheet, broiler pan, one slotted spoon, one turner, a spatula, five sharp knives, a vegetable peeler, bottle opener, strainer, three mixing bowls, measuring spoons, measuring cups, a serving bowl, two plastic pitchers, ice bucket and ice tray. Our suites also include six place settings that are made up of: dinner plates, bread and butter plates, soup/salad bowls, juice/water glasses, knives, dinner forks, teaspoons and tablespoons.
- Does Landmark have adjoining rooms?
We do not have any rooms that adjoin. If you would like to put in a request for the same floor or side by side units, you may do so. We are not able to promise requests but we do our best to accommodate them.
- Is there a fee for Landmark’s activities?
Many activities are provided at no charge for Landmark guests with the exception of activities and events that require supplies or food such as arts and crafts and the Magic Show. Check with the front desk when you arrive to learn more about which have fees and which are free.
- How old do children have to be to partake in Landmark’s activities?
For the daily children’s activities, kids must be five years of age or older. Other activities, like the magic show, are for the entire family.
- Where can I view my pictures with Salty the Shark?
You can see those photos here.
- Do you have kids’ activities during the summer?Yes, we do have daily activities during the summer for children as well as select activities for the whole family. The summer schedule will be posted sometime in the spring. Click here to view our events calendar.
- How many games of mini golf at your putt-putt course can I play per day?You can play as many rounds as you would like when the putt-putt course is open during your stay.
- I came to your resort in November and the indoor pool area wasn’t enclosed. Why wasn’t it?
Due to FEMA regulations we are not allowed to put up any temporary enclosures before December 1. However, these pools and lazy river are heated enough to take the chill off so they can be used year-round.
- How many lazy rivers do you have?
We have two lazy rivers. One is outdoors year round and the other is open-aired during the summer and enclosed for the winter beginning in December. The enclosed one is heated while the outdoor one is not. We also have a third mini lazy river for small children.
- Is your mini golf course free?Yes, the putt-putt course is free for all guests who book through the front desk at the Landmark. It is not included for guests who book directly through owners or another rental agency.
- Are your pools heated?The oceanfront outdoor pool is heated to 75-degrees year-round and the outdoor lap pool, located at H2OASIS, is heated in-season. Our outdoor lazy river ride is not heated, while the indoor pools are heated enough to take the chill off the water year-round.
- If I stay at one of Landmark’s sister resorts can I use the amenities at the Landmark?
We do not share amenities between properties, but you may use your VMB Card for a discount at Captain’s Quarter Resort’s Level 6 Entertainment Center where they have a 20-lane bowling alley. Certain properties do have dining facilities that are open to the public as well.
- Do you have parking for trailers?
We have limited parking for trailers or large vehicles. Please contact us so we can confirm with security to verify that we can accommodate your parking needs prior to arrival.
- What is the height of your parking structure?
Our parking structure can accommodate vehicles up to 7’11”.
- Do you have free parking?
Yes we have free parking. We provide two parking passes per unit.
- Can I look at my unit when I arrive before paying?
- Do I have to pay a security deposit when I check in?
If you arrive with a $0 balance or pay any portion of your stay in cash you will be required to pay a $100 refundable security deposit.
- What is your check-in age?
The minimum check-in age is 21. Young adults under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or registered guest over the age of 21.
- What do I do if I get here before the check-in time?While we don’t do early check-in, you can still enjoy the resort amenities while you wait. Just come on in and pre-register with our front desk. Then you can go enjoy our pools, float down the lazy river, or play mini golf while you wait.
- What time is check in and check out?
Our check-in time is 4 p.m. or later and our check-out time is before 11 a.m.
- Are pool floats and toys allowed in the pools?
Sorry, we do not allow pool floats or toys in the pools.
- Can you bring your own food and drinks on the pool deck?
You can bring your own food and drinks on the pool deck, just no glass bottles or containers.
- Are you pet-friendly?
While we do love our furry little friends, we are unfortunately not equipped to take pets at this time. We encourage you to check out some of our wonderful local boarding facilities that will treat your pet like a king or queen.
- What attractions are you near?
We are located less than a mile from Family Kingdom Amusement Park, one mile from the south end of the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk three miles from The Market Common and four miles from Broadway at the Beach. We are also a very short drive from countless other Myrtle Beach attractions as well as grocery stores.
- My question was not answered here.Feel free to give us a call or contact us. We would love to answer any further questions you may have about our resort.
- Where can I smoke on the property?
We do have some select smoking units that are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. For all non-smoking units, you may still smoke on your balcony. We also have a smoking area on our pool deck near the outdoor lazy river.
- Do you sell discounted tickets to local attractions and shows?
We do sell discounted tickets for select local attractions and shows. Please contact our front desk for more information and check out the savings you can get with your VMB Card.
- I’m visiting in the winter. What will be open?Our outdoor pools do close down for the winter and the exact date of closing depends on weather and occupancy, so it is hard to predict an exact date. However, our indoor pool area (which includes a large pool, lazy river and hot tubs) are heated and open all year. They are enclosed for the winter beginning in December. In addition, our Gazebo restaurant continues to serve its buffet breakfast all year and our Latitudes restaurant and Havana Java Coffee Bar are open year-round as well.
- Do you offer a discount for repeat guests?
We don’t have standard discounts, but we do email our specials and discounted rates to guests who are on our mailing list. Need to sign up? Click here.
- Do you have a laundry room for guests to use?
Yes, we have a coin-operated laundry room on-site for guest use. This is located on the lobby level and there is washing detergent available for purchase.
- Do you have ice machines?
Yes we have ice machines on every floor.
- Do you have an airport shuttle?
Yes, we operate an airport shuttle for our guests for a small fee. Please call us to set up your ride.
- Do you have breakfast at your resort?
We do serve a daily breakfast buffet at our Gazebo Restaurant. You can get discounted breakfast tickets by adding this service to your reservation at least two days prior to arrival.
- Do you provide pool and beach towels?
We do provide pools towels but we do not provide beach towels.
- Are coolers allowed on the pool deck?
Sorry, we do not permit coolers in the pool area.
- Do you provide roll-away beds, cots or cribs?
Sorry, we do not. You are welcome to bring your own and there are also some local businesses that rent these items out.
- Can we grill on the property or balcony?
Sorry, due to safety concerns we don’t allow grilling anywhere on the property. If you would like to grill, some local parks, including the nearby Myrtle Beach State Park, do offer grilling areas. We also have a poolside grill that we operate during the summer where you can purchase items off the grill.
- Does Landmark rent beach chairs and umbrellas?
We do not rent out beach chairs and umbrellas, but the lifeguards who work for the city do rent them out during the warmer season.
- When was Landmark Resort built?
Landmark’s original tower was built in the 1970’s and we did a complete renovation of that tower in 2006. The south tower, which has our suites, was built about 15 years ago and those units have been updated on an individual basis by the homeowner.
- Can I add breakfast to my reservation when I book?
Of course! In fact, by booking breakfast ahead of time you will get a cheaper rate. Be sure to add it at least 48 hours prior to your day of check-in.
- What types of payment do you accept?When booking, you may hold your room and pay for your first night (first nights room and tax as well as any additional services) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. The credit card used for the deposit must then be presented at check-in, with matching photo ID. Balance is due upon arrival. If you arrive with a $0 balance or pay any portion of your stay in cash you will be required to pay a $100 refundable security deposit. We do not take foreign currency.
- Do you require a security deposit?
If you arrive with a $0 balance or pay any portion of your stay in cash you will be required to pay a $100 refundable security deposit.
- Do I have to pay for my entire stay when I book?The first nights room and tax as well as any additional services for the first night of your stay will be charged to your credit card to guarantee your reservation.
- I am staying at the Landmark for a group event or convention. How do I book under that group?
To book your reservation with an existing group or convention, please contact us at (800) 821-1147.
- Do you offer groups rates?We are sometimes able to offer group rates for parties requiring 10 rooms or more. For information on holding your event with us, please contact the Group Sales Department at (800) 229-7295 or click here to request more information.
- I’m searching for dates on your website and no results are being displayed. Why?
This may be because the dates you are looking at have a minimum night stay, we may be booked full or the number of occupants you are searching for may be too large for our available room types. If you call us directly we can assist you in determining the cause and help you with any available alternatives.
- I’m looking to book a room. How can I get the best deal?
Check out our specials page for all of our current discounts, deals and packages. Also, by booking early you are likely to save money in comparison to booking at the last minute.
- Can I request a specific floor?
You are more than welcome to put in a floor request when you book your room. While we do our best to honor guest requests, we cannot, however guarantee them.
- Do you charge per person?Our rates are based on two adults and two children. There is a charge of $10 per adult ages 17 and up, beyond the first two. You will see this fee in your total when you book. There is no charge for children ages 16 and under, within the maximum occupancy of the unit.
testimonialswhat our guests say
The value of the Landmark is phenomenal!Jenday1027
Room is great. Staff is great. Location is great. My family and I are having a blast!Scott B.
Awesome pools and lots of thing keep the kids busy.Angel S.
The kiddie pool and putt putt was perfect for our two small children!asprague7
Amazing pools and easy beach access was the icing on the cake!Kim K.
Simply AMAZING!Leslie S.
Wonderful resort that has everything!Jackie V
I highly recommend this place!Erica L.
My wife and I absolutely LOVE this place.Bill B.
This is definitely our favorite home away from home.Amy L.