Landmark Resort blog< Back to View All Blogs
Five Places To Go For a Jog In Myrtle BeachMyrtle Beach is much more than a family-fun attraction hive or a hub of restaurants to please every palate. Myrtle Beach also boasts majestic sunrises, romantically hidden spots and plenty of rural nature paths if you know where to look. As far as searching for somewhere to run, you’re in luck. These places will be ideal for you with awesome views.
Where to run:
The Horry County Bike and Run Park – (20 minutes from Landmark)
- Together these specialized trails make up the The Horry County Bike and Run Park, also known as HULK. The park was created for those that want to have family outdoor excursions, a personal run on a safe trail, a walk in nature or a ride on any kind of bicycle. For leisure walkers and for serious trainers this park is ideal for all.
The Market Common – (8 minutes from Landmark)
- The Market Common is perfect for many occasions including jogging. No matter what time of day it is, you will not find city congestion in The Market Common. Their two mile paved trail is perfect for leisurely exercise along a peaceful scenic route by Valor Park and its pond with water fountains and pond-front swings for when you need a break.
Myrtle Beach State Park – (15 minutes from Landmark)
- Located just a few miles from Landmark Resort is the Myrtle Beach State Park which is good for more than just running but is a peaceful and shaded park with trails perfect for a stroll at any pace.
The Beach – (Right out front)
- In front of Landmark Resort is the longest, softest trails around. Running on the beach is more of a workout than you would get on concrete or grass, and the best view around is to be had alongside the waves and the magnificent Atlantic Ocean.
Brookgreen Gardens – (34 minutes from Landmark)
- These gardens are breathtaking and perfect for a family outing or a relaxing, fresh air excursion with your sneakers. The trails lead through gardens that are overflowing with flowers, sculptures and blossoming trees. For a jogging place like no other, visit Brookgreen Gardens and you will wind up staying all day.
Any of these places will bring you a fresh view while you take in some fresh air and work your muscles and shoes to your heart's desire or capacity!
Need Running Gear?
- Black Dog Running Company is located in the Market Common shopping district. They have over a dozen brands of sneakers and shoes as well as accessories, nutritional supplements, snacks and more. Bring your VMB Card and receive $10 off a purchase of regular price shoes.Bring your VMB Card and receive $10 off a purchase of regular price shoes.