Landmark Resort blog< Back to View All Blogs
Smart Ways to Save with Food & In-Room KitchensKeeping a budget while on vacation can be tricky, but if you plan out meals and eat in, the savings will add up quick. Here are some ideas on how to stock up and make the most of your suite’s kitchen, your cooler and more.
Oceanfront Executive Suites and Oceanfront Deluxe Executive Suites, and our Myrtle Beach Penthouses all contain the following:
- Full Kitchen
- Coffee Maker
The Oceanfront Efficiencies has a mini kitchen that makes simple cooking easy and includes:
- Efficiency Kitchen
The Interior Guestroom, Ocean View and Oceanfront Guest Room, and Oceanfront King Room do not contain a kitchen but have features to store snacks, drinks, leftovers and microwavable foods. These units feature:
- Wet Bar
- Mini Refrigerator
Remember to Bring These Items From Home:
- Ice packs:
- You can make a homemade ice pack by placing frozen wet sponges in zip lock bags.
- You can have double usage for frozen jugs of water that can be used as an ice pack but when they melt a bit they can be enjoyed as a cool drink!
- Reusable water bottles
- Large coolers (with wheels)
- Lunch box
Do your shopping at these nearby grocery stores:
Food Lion is widely known for their fresh produce and great sales. There are two near Landmark Resort.
- Address: Grand Strand Plaza Shopping Center, 1430 S Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578
- Phone: (843) 445-9892
- Hours: 7 am - 12 am every day.
- Address: 1009 US-501, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Phone: (843) 444-2090
- Hours: 7 am – 10 pm every day.
Piggly Wiggly is famous in the South. They have a large deli section and an assortment of fresh baked breads.
- Address: 1700 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Phone: (843) 448-4813
- Hours: 7 am- 10 pm on Sunday through Thursday and 7 am – 11 pm on Friday and Saturday
Remember to pick these items up while you’re there:
- Plastic cutlery and plates
- Sandwich items
- Cereal, oatmeal, milk
- Crackers, granola bar and easy-to-carry snacks
- Microwavable food
- Fresh fruit
- Taco ingredients
- Coffee creamer
- Juice boxes
Where to Eat at Landmark:
If you’re too tired to cook, and don’t wish to venture far from your room, check out the variety of dining options that Landmark has ready for you throughout the day and some of the evening.
You are now well equipped to choose the room or suite that fits your family and budget best. Happy snacking, happy packing and happy travels. Book today and we’ll see you soon!